The Service Advisor is the primary contact person for customers. These customers include both internal and external. The Service Writer will schedule appointments ensuring a workload that will accommodate customers in a timely fashion and maintain an orderly flow through the shop. The Service Writer will assist the Shop Supervisor as necessary in the day to day management of the service department. The Service Writer will enforce company policies and procedures and ensure that accurate repairs are made for the customers at a fair price. This is to include the processing of repair orders, time cards, internal paperwork and flagging time to maintain a profitable service operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to include:
• Greet customers and maintain healthy relationships with customer base.
• Maintain constant contact with customers while their vehicles are in our facility in conjunction with the Shop Supervisor to be appraised of vehicle status at all times.
• Ensure that the customer is contacted as soon as repairs are completed with all required information (i.e., total dollar amount, description of repairs completed and any follow up information required).
• Follow-up if a major repair or parts are on back order.
• Assist in coordinating the work flow of the shop.
• Attend training sessions as required.
• Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations with regard to health, safety and waste management.
• Coordinate the day to day schedule of the shop.
• Open and close repair orders.
• Prepare estimates as required and obtain authorizations for repairs.
• Post Service Technicians time, reviewing flat rate SRT’s and checking warranties.
• Maintain a safe controlled work environment.
• Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly appearance of the shop and shop offices.
• Keep a log or journal of the day’s events, schedules and status of customer vehicles.
• Assist in managing the service staff to maintain productivity and profitability of service operation.
• Keep up with all recalls and campaigns issued by effected OEM’s.
• Communicate with next shift supervisor to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and that all customers’ expectations are explained.
• Ensure that all information for warranty and policy claims is recorded on the repair order.
• Adhere to company policy regarding collection of funds and release of vehicles.
• All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information relating to technical and vehicle malfunctions and repairs
• At least 3 years’ experience in the repair of heavy duty trucks and/or major components.
• Above average mechanical and diagnostic skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and orally.
• Must be computer literate.
• Maintain professional personal appearance.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• CDL license preferred.
• Pre-employment drug testing and background screen applies.
Performance Truck offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401k, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid sick and vacation time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply Now!