Supervise and Coordinate the day to day activities of the service department, technicians engaged in the repairs of customer vehicles and repairs being made to the shop and/or the facility. To enforce the company policy and procedures and insure quality, accurate repairs are made for the customers at a fair price. This is to include the processing of repair orders, time cards, internal paper work and flagging time to maintain a profitable service operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain customer satisfaction at a reasonable cost.
- To coordinate the work flow of the shop.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Understand and follow Federal, State, and Local regulations with regard to health, safety and waste management.
- Coordinate the day to day work flow of the shop.
- Open and close repair orders.
- Advise customers of the status of their vehicles.
- Prepare estimates as required and obtain authorizations for repairs.
- Posting technicians time, reviewing flat rate SRT’s and checking warranties.
- Visually inspect work performed on customer vehicles.
- Maintain a safe controlled work environment.
- Maintain all shop equipment and tools.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly appearance of the shop and shop offices.
- Keep a log or journal of the daily events, schedules and status of customer vehicles.
- Manage service staff to maintain productivity and profitability of service operation.
- Keep up with all Recalls and Campaigns issued by effected OEM’s.
- Coordinate with service manager on all training issues for technicians training.
- Communicate with next shift supervisor to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and that all customer expectations are explained.
- Ensure that all information for Warranty and Policy claims is recorded on the repair order.
- Adhere to company policy regarding collection of funds and release of vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the repair of heavy duty trucks and/or major components.
- Above average mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Must be computer literate.
- Maintain professional personal appearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- CDL license a plus, but not required.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Performance Truck offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401k, short-term disability, long-term disability, sick and paid vacation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply Now!