Strivesto return a satisfactory profit on dealer capital invested in parts inventory.Accomplishes objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures,inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising,displaying, and advertising.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all parts department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Maintains a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department, body shop, wholesale accounts, and the public.
- Establishes pricing parameters in each customer category that generate sufficient gross profit to produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balances them for maximum turnover.
- Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
- Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory.
- Supervises stock order procedures.
- Analyzes sales, expenses, and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals.
- Develops and administers an aggressive wholesale parts program to produce profit.
- Ensures that the same high quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers.
- Works with the service manager and body shop manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Analyzes departmental operations and storage layout and revises as needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Provides technical assistance to parts department employees.
- Monitors parts department employees’ payroll records.
- Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
- Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
- Monitors daily reports such as DOC and sales productivity.
- Utilizes a lost sales tracking report.
- Directs outside parts and counter sales efforts, including telemarketing to keep in contact with customers.
- Develops sales promotions.
- Enforces and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
- Assists in the collection of past-due accounts.
- Enforces safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation, processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried, and OSHA.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diplomaor GED.
- Experience withheavy duty truck parts.
- 4 years of partsmanagement experience.
- Ability to writeroutine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speakeffectively before groups of customer or employees.
- Ability to calculatefigures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
- Ability to applycommon sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to liftand/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must have and maintaina valid current state driver’s license and have a good driving record over thepast 3 years.
- Pre-employment drugtesting and background screen applies.
Performance Truck is seeking skilled individuals that arepassionate regarding their personal career growth and dedicated to raising thecustomer satisfaction levels of our dealerships. This unique environmentfosters individual growth and rewards performance with a full benefits packagewhich include, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, long-termdisability, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply Now.