PARTS COUNTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Sells a variety of parts to customers over the counter or on the phone. Provides top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper parts needed. Stocks and tracks inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customer of companion parts requirements and specials, and ensures the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls courteously, providing prices quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies Parts Manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists Outside Sales Representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Participate with the Parts Manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or 3-5 year related work experience.
- Trailer Parts knowledge a plus.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer/data entry and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have good math skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-100 lbs.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
Pre-employment drug testing and background screen applies. Performance Truck is seeking skilled individuals that are passionate regarding their personal career growth and dedicated to raising the customer satisfaction levels of our dealerships. This unique environment fosters individual growth and rewards performance with a full benefits package which include, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply Now!