Why Performance Truck?
We offer competitive wages, career advancement and opportunity. As one of the top Kenworth/Mack dealerships in our region, we are looking for the best talent to grow our network.
- Medical packages
- Dental packages
- Vision packages
- 401K plans
- Short Term disability
- Long Term disability
- Paid Vacations, Sick and Holidays
- Free OEM Training (Kenworth or Mack Trucks)
Skills and Qualifications
- REQUIRED: At least four (4) years of experience in heavy duty truck parts
- REQUIRED: At least four (4) years of management experience required
- Must display excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must have positive, can-do attitude
- Be able to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have strong work ethic and commitment the job
- Have the ability to successfully manage and delegate all responsibilities and personel in the department
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record for the last 3 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all parts department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Maintains a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department, wholesale accounts, and the public.
- Establishes pricing parameters in each customer category that generate sufficient gross profit to produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balances them for maximum turnover.
- Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
- Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory.
- Supervises stock order procedures.
- Analyzes sales, expenses, and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals.
- Develops and administers an aggressive wholesale parts program to produce profit.
- Ensures that the same high quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers.
- Works with the service manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Analyzes departmental operations and storage layout and revises as needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Provides technical assistance to parts department employees.
- Monitors parts department employees’ payroll records.
- Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
- Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
- Monitors daily reports such as DOC and sales productivity.
- Utilizes a lost sales tracking report.
- Directs outside parts and counter sales efforts, including telemarketing to keep in contact with customers.
- Develops sales promotions.
- Enforces and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
- Assists in the collection of past-due accounts.
- Enforces safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation, processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried, and OSHA.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Truck is an Equal Opportunity Employer