Why Performance Truck?
Are you a Service Manager in the heavy duty truck industry? We offer competitive wages, career advancement and opportunity. As one of the top Kenworth dealerships in our region, we are looking for top talent to grow our network.
- Medical packages
- Dental packages
- Vision packages
- 401K plans
- Short Term disability
- Long Term disability
- Paid Vacations, Sick and Holidays
- Free OEM Training (Kenworth or Mack Trucks)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL preferred
- Must display excellent leadership and communication skills
- Requires previous supervisory experience
- Must have positive, can-do attitude
- Must have strong work ethic and commitment the job
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record for the last 3 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA , etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers’ service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership’s guidelines.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Truck is an Equal Opportunity Employer