Why Performance Truck?
We offer competitive wages, career advancement and opportunity. As one of the top Kenworth/Mack dealerships in our region, we are looking for the best talent to grow our network.
- Medical packages
- Dental packages
- Vision packages
- 401K plans
- Short Term disability
- Long Term disability
- Paid Vacations, Sick and Holidays
- Free OEM Training (Kenworth or Mack Trucks)
Supervise and Coordinate the day to day activities of the service department, technicians engaged in the repairs of customer vehicles and repairs being made to the shop and/or the facility. To enforce the company policy and procedures and insure quality, accurate repairs are made for the customers at a fair price. This is to include the processing of repair orders, time cards, internal paper work and flagging time to maintain a profitable service operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain customer satisfaction at a reasonable cost.
- To coordinate the work flow of the shop.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Understand and follow Federal, State, and Local regulations with regard to health, safety and waste management.
- Coordinate the day to day work flow of the shop.
- Open and close repair orders.
- Advise customers of the status of their vehicles.
- Prepare estimates as required and obtain authorizations for repairs.
- Posting technicians time, reviewing flat rate SRT’s and checking warranties.
- Visually inspect work performed on customer vehicles.
- Maintain a safe controlled work environment.
- Maintain all shop equipment and tools.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly appearance of the shop and shop offices.
- Keep a log or journal of the daily events, schedules and status of customer vehicles.
- Manage service staff to maintain productivity and profitability of service operation.
- Keep up with all Recalls and Campaigns issued by effected OEM’s.
- Coordinate with service manager on all training issues for technicians training.
- Communicate with next shift supervisor to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and that all customer expectations are explained.
- Ensure that all information for Warranty and Policy claims is recorded on the repair order.
- Adhere to company policy regarding collection of funds and release of vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the repair of heavy duty trucks and/or major components.
- Above average mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Must be computer literate.
- Maintain professional personal appearance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- CDL license a plus, but not required.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Now is the time to enhance your career, not just pursue another job. Apply online today for this awesome opportunity to join a great team!