Heavy Duty Truck Sales Representative | Houston
Sells heavy duty trucks in accordance with established profit and unit count objectives.
Successful candidate will develop new accounts through extensive cold calling. Proven outside sales experience and previous truck sales experience is a plus.
- Call on prospective customers and assigned accounts within assigned territory.
- Maintain contacts with customers in relation to their requirements; keep current on market and customer trends.
- Identify and profile prospective customers, develops and applies strategy necessary to obtain orders.
- Records all sales calls in the Sales Contact System.
- Greets customer on sales floor and determine make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Computes and quote sales price, including F.E.T. tax, trade-in allowance, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares sales orders and sales contracts.
- Receives payment for truck and proof that insurance is in effect, and verify that check is good at the bank for which it is drawn on.
- Explains all warranties to customer.
- Promotes parts and service departments by introducing the customer to the managers.
- Arranges for delivery and complete all warranty registrations for vehicle.
- Attends all schools made available by the company.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and analyze technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in call control, account development, time and territory management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- High energy level and positive attitude.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
6855 North Loop 610 East, Houston, Texas, 77028
March 23, 2023