Sells heavy duty trucks and trailers in accordance with established profit and unit count objectives.
Successful candidate will develop new accounts through extensive cold calling. Will also maintain and service existing accounts. Proven outside sales experience and previous truck sales experience is a plus.
· Call on prospective customers and assigned accounts within assigned territory.
· Maintain contacts with customers in relation to their requirements; keep current on market and customer trends.
· Identify and profile prospective customers, develops and applies strategy necessary to obtain orders.
· Records all sales calls in the Sales Contact System.
· Greets customer on sales floor and determine make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Understand customer needs, while maintaining our high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Promote and sell of semi-trucks and trailers / commercial cargo trailers.
· Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
· Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
· Developing and presenting sales proposals to clients.
· Computes and quote sales price, including F.E.T. tax, trade-in allowance, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
· Prepares sales orders and sales contracts.
Receives payment for truck and proof that insurance is in effect, and verify that check is good at the bank for which it is drawn on.
· Writing sales orders, securing deposits and processing paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
· Explains all warranties to customer.
· Promotes parts and service departments by introducing the customer to the managers.
· Arranges for delivery and complete all warranty registrations for vehicle.
· Accountable to meet or exceed sales quotas.
· Attends all schools made available by the company.
· Previous experience in sales-related to the transportation industry is preferred.
· In-depth understanding of the trucking/ freight industry.
· Self-starter, goal-driven, and able to work well with sales team.
· Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and analyze technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
· Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
· Solid experience in call control, account development, time and territory management.
· Excellent customer service experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· High energy level and positive attitude.
· Bilingual English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record (CDL desired but not required).
· Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
This unique environment fosters individual growth and rewards performance with a full benefits package which include, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, paid vacation, sick and holidays.